Executive Vice President
Mr. Broker has more than 25 years of experience in operations, engineering and management. His domestic experience includes refined products, crude oil and LPG's, including cavern storage. His international experience has been in the upstream sector with a focus on production and drill stem testing.
Prior to joining Rangeland Energy, Mr. Broker served as the Manager of Business Development and Strategic Project Planning for Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. In this role he was responsible for shepherding a FEED process to ensure that projects were properly scoped and estimated up to and through the approval stage. Previous positions with Sunoco Logistics include Vice President, Western Area; Superintendent, Region III; and Manager of Operations and Engineering. Prior to joining Sunoco Logistics, he was a part of the Schlumberger organization working in Egypt.
Highlights of Mr. Broker's career include:
- EBITDA growth of 455 percent during tenure as Western Area VP, Sunoco Logistics. Achieved through optimizations, organic growth and acquisitions. Developed profitability study and strategic plan for Western Operations.
- Reduced pipeline releases from 122 to 38 in five years. Improved OSHA Recordable Rate from 1.37 to 0.26. Lowered annual preventable vehicle accidents from an average of 7.6 between 2000 and 2004 to 2 in 2006. Negotiated pay-by-the-load vs. hourly pay for Crude Trucking group.
- Supported acquisition and integration of three separate pipeline systems (1,100 miles).
- Developed Nederland Infrastructure Study Team (NIST) program for Nederland terminal.
- Incident Commander during hurricanes Rita and Ike: Houston P/L Fire & Explosion.
Mr. Broker earned a Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum and natural gas engineering from Pennsylvania State University and has completed coursework toward a Master of Business Administration at Wayne State University.